Ech wëll heimat op eng interessant Joboffer iwwert d’Lëtzebuergescht am Departement fir Computer Science vun der Univiversitéit Lëtzebuerg hiweisen. Interesséiert Kandidate kënne sech beim Christoph Schommer mellen.
CALL FOR CANDIDATE (m/f)
The MINE research group of the Computer Science and Communications Research Unit, University of Luxembourg, is looking for a Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in “Sentiment Detection in Luxembourgish Texts” (M/F)
3-year fixed-term contract, full-time (40h/week) with a possible extension of 1 year
The successful candidate will contribute to research on Luxembourgish text collections provided by RTL Luxembourg (online publications and user comments) and perform a research work in sentiment detection/analysis. The candidate’s mission is to perform a PhD thesis in this field and to disseminate the research results through peer-reviewed scientific publications. The selected candidate will establish scientific contacts to researchers and assist Prof Schommer with teaching activities and research activities (paper review, workshop organisation, et cetera).
The successful candidate should have
* a Master degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
* an excellent background in at least 2 of the following 3 fields: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Information Retrieval.
* solid skills in Luxembourgish language (or, at least, in German language).
* excellent skills in at least one programming language.
* excellent written and oral English skills.
The University offers a 3-year contract (with a possible extension of 1 year) and a highly competitive salary. The selected candidate will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly founded University. The University is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should be written in English and should include the following documents:
* Motivation letter (max 1 page)
* An executive summary of your Master Thesis (max 1 page)
* Curriculum Vitae, including your contact address, academic/professional work experiences, and a list of academic publications (including Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis)
* A list of courses you have taken and a transcript of grades from all University-level courses.
* Contact information of 2 independent referees or 2 independent reference letters
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application electronically via http://emea3.mrted.ly/13edw
Further Information can be obtained from Prof. Schommer, Email: Christoph.Schommer@uni.lu.
The submission deadline is: Sunday, July 17, 2016.
Du musst angemeldet sein, um kommentieren zu können.