The University of Luxembourg invites applications for its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
Post-doctoral researcher in linguistics (M/F)
- Fixed term contract: 31,5 months
- Starting date: 15 February 2014 – 30 September 2016
- Employee status
The researcher will be a member of the IPSE research unit within the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education at the University of Luxembourg. He/she will work in the research project ‘Die Wortbildung des Luxemburgischen. Historische Voraussetzungen und kontrastive Analyse (WBLUX2)’ under the supervision of Peter Gilles and Heinz Sieburg.
According to the work plan of the project WBLUX2, the candidate’s tasks comprise the conduct of specific morphological investigations:
- Word-formation analyses in historical and systematic perspectives (predominantly for morphological derivations in semantic and structural perspectives);
- Analysis of the impact of language contact on word-formation;
- Active participation in international conferences;
- Publication of project results in peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings and a final summarizing monograph;
- Project management of WBLUX2.
Prof. Dr. Peter Gilles
Tél +352 46 66 44-6383
- PhD in German linguistics, preferably in historical linguistics and/or language contact
- Profound skills in morphology and corpus linguistics
- Required languages: German, English. Knowledge in Luxembourgish is necessary and has to be acquired during the project.
Interested candidates are invited to send their complete application including motivation letter, CV and copies of diploma by November,22nd 2013.