Am Institut fir lëtzebuergesch Sprooch- a Literaturwëssenschaft ass eng Assistenteplaz ze besetzen:
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education.
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Linguistics
- Ref: F3-060008
- 14 months fixed-term contract, renewable up to 3 years, full-time (40h/week)
- Student and employee status (36 months studies programme)
- Starting date: 1. January 2018
- Student and employee status
The PhD student will be a member of the Identités. Politiques, Sociétés, Espaces research unit (IPSE) within the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education at the University of Luxembourg. He/she will work under supervision of Peter Gilles.
Area: Luxembourgish linguistics
- Prepare a doctoral thesis in Luxembourgish linguistics
- Assist the professor in his administrative and teaching activities (one to three hours per week)
Prof. Dr. Peter Gilles
Tél +352 46 66 44-6383
- Excellent Master’s degree (or equivalent) in linguistics
- Research focus in morphology, syntax and/or historical linguistics of a Germanic language
- Language skills: Luxembourgish (at least near-native competence), German, French, English
- International and interdisciplinary working group
Interested candidates are invited to send their complete application including motivation letter, CV and copies of diploma ON LINE until October 26th, 2017.